We talk about the DC Snipers who terrorized the US in 2002.
The DC Sniper was a series of coordinated shooting on civilians at random during October 2002 which were perpetrated by John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo.
- Preliminary shooting: 16 February 2002 - 26 September 2002
- Sniper shooting: 02 October 2002 - 24 October 2002
- Perpetrators: John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo
- Casualty: 17 deaths and 10 injuries
- Location: Arizona, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
- Motive: Anger, Greed, Revenge
- Date apprehended: 24 October 2002
- 16 February 2002: 21-year-old Keenya Cook shot and killed at Tacoma, Washington. She was the niece of John Allen’s ex-wife’s friend who supported her decision to divorce.
- 19 March 2002: 60-year-old Jerry Taylor shot and killed while playing golf at Tucson, Arizona.
- 01 August 2002: 51-year-old John Gaeta shot while changing tires at a parking lot in Hammond, Louisiana. He survives.
- 05 September 2002: 55-year-old Paul LaRuffa, a pizzeria owner in Clinton, Maryland, shot 6 times but survives.
- 21 September 2002: 41-year-old Million A. Woldemariam shot dead in Atlanta, Georgia. 52-year-old Claudine Parker, a liquor store clerk, shot dead in Montgomery, Alabama. The killings happen in the span of nineteen hours.
- 23 September 2002: 45-year-old Hong Im Ballenger shot death in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a Bushmaster rifle.
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
- 02 October 2002: A shot 55-year-old through a window of a Michaels craft store in Aspen Hill. No one hurt. One hour later,55 year-old James Martin shot dead at a parking lot in Wheaton.
- 03 October 2002:
39-year-old James L. Buchanan shot dead at 11411 Rockville Pike near Rockville, Maryland, while mowing grass.
54-year-old part-time taxi driver, Prem Kumar Walekar shot dead at Aspen Hill while pumping gas.
34-year-old babysitter and housekeeper Sarah Ramos killed at 3701 Rossmoor Boulevard at the Leisure World Shopping Center in Norbeck, while seated on a bench reading a book.
25-year-old Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera shot dead while vacuuming her Dodge Caravan at the intersection of Connecticut and Knowles Avenues.
72-year-old Pascal Charlot shot dead while walking on Georgia Avenue at Kalmia Road.
All the killing except Pascal Charlot happened in the morning between a space of two hours of time.
Location: Virginia and other areas
- 04 October 2002: 43-year-old homemaker Caroline Seawell shot and wounded at Spotsylvania Mall in Spotsylvania.
- 07 October 2002: 13-year-old Iran Brown shot and injured as he arrived at the Benjamin Tasker Middle School at 4901 Collington Road in Bowie, Maryland.
- 09 October 2002: 53-year-old Dean Harold Meyers shot dead while pumping gas at 7203 Sudley Road in Prince William County, Virginia.
- 11 October 2002: 53-year-old businessman Kenneth Bridges shot dead at Exxon station off Interstate 95 in Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
- 14 October 2002: 47-year-old Linda Franklin, an FBI intelligence analyst 35-year-old shot dead - in a covered parking lot at Home Depot in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- 19 October 2002: 37-year-old Jeffrey Hopper shot at State Route 54 in Ashland, Virginia. He survives.
- 22 October 2002: 35 year old bus driver Conrad Johnson, shot dead at the 14100 block of Grand Pre Road in Aspen Hill.